[WriteLog] Writelog and WF1B....

Jay Townsend jay@ieway.com
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:48:29 -0800

At 03:41 PM 2/15/00 -0500, Phil Levin W2GE wrote:

>I have recently switched to Writelog as I've had enough of DOS programs.
>I had used CT and WF1B for RTTY.  I don't do much RTTY contesting so the
>rare rtty contest that I participated in with WF1B was fine.  It always
>seemed like the most no-brainer program going.  With all the "problems"
>I've been reading on the reflector can someone who is familiar with both
>programs (WF1B vs Writelog) tell me if it's worth it to use Writelog for
>RTTY contesting.

If you have retired DOS then you should probably retire WF1B, I have used a
number of programs over the years and have CT, WF1B, Scotchlog, TR, NA and
Writelog all in the shack. I prefer to use the same program for all
contesting.

I also prefer Win95/98/NT over DOS for contesting.

Heck if you like WF1B for RTTY then use it :-) As long as it will run on
your computer.
---
Jay Townsend, WS7I                           jay@ieway.com