[WriteLog] Fkey's driving me crazy

Bruce A. King Bruce A. King" <baking@ziplink.net
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:37:00 -0500

> I have noted that the FKeys stop working after some period of time
> (or my doing something), and the only way to get them back is to exit
> and restart writelog.

This problem *may* be related to a soundboard control issue that we
experienced at KV1W this weekend. The soundboard was apparently muted (e.g.
no input or output, therefore, no F keys), but the system thought it was not
muted. In our case, the rig is keyed via PTT. When an F key was hit, the rig
keyed, but no audio went out. Similarly, we were unable to record any new
messages.

In our case, exiting a restarting Writelog did not help, we had to reboot
the system; until Ric figured out the quick fix below.

A "quick" fix that worked for us is to open the Windows Volume Control Panel
and check the Mute box on the master volume control, then clear it again. Do
this on both the record and playback windows.

This issue is not completely characterized yet as to how to replicate it, or
whether it is even the same phenomenon that you experienced, so calling it a
bug is premature. Film at 11...

Hope this helps.

73 Bruce W1CSM