[WriteLog] Logging software question (off topic)

Gerry Hull windev@inetmarket.com
Wed, 10 May 2000 11:27:15 -0400

Hi Barry,

Sure, this is a cool idea.  Just beyond the limits of most hams
(or perhaps their budgets! :-))

I have built Geographic Information System (GIS) appications for
a couple of clients.  A database containing details for the whole
world would be huge.  You would need a CD Drive array with 10-50
cd drives.  Perhaps with DVD, you could get it down to five or six.
Putting it on hard drives would be expensive.

The fastest way to GIS map the QTH would be to get the Lat/Long
of the City/Location (Pretty simple database).

There are tools for calling Street Atlas USA or other types of
"end user" GIS tools from other applications.  However, these are USA only,
and the tools are not cheap.

73,

-Gerry, W1VE/VE1RM
Hull Computer Consulting
Advanced Applications Development Services
POB C, Greenfield, NH 03047
Home Office: 603.547.8327 (voicemail)
Residence:   603.547.2216
Fax:         360.838.6613 or 206.888.2221
email:       windev@inetmarket.com
vmail:       206.888.2221
web:         http://www.inetmarket.com/