[WriteLog] Writelog and Japan Radio JST-245 HELP Update

W0AH@aol.com W0AH@aol.com
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 18:21:18 EST

Thanks for the several replies which suggested, if this dummy understood them-
1)  That the DB25M to DB25M was the wrong cable.
But as quoted in my original post- the JST-245 manual says to connect with
such a cable.  The cable would therefore connect from the parallel port of my
Fujitsu laptop to the RS-232C on the back of my JST-245 transceiver.
BTW, I also have a DB-9M serial jack on the rear of my laptop and a DB-9F to
DB-25M cable I could use, if called for.  Are both these cables called
RS-232C cables????
2) To check the DB25M to DB-25M cable for continuity on all 25 lines.
  I did that and the cable's  OK.
3)  The following was suggested-
"Some radios require that you jumper pins (1 to 6) and (4 to 7) on the radio
end of the cable.
BTW that is for a DB-9. For a DB-25 its  (4 to 5)   &   (6 to 8).
AND/OR
It may or may not be necessary to reverse the wires on pins 2&3 (DB-9 or 25).
I'd try reversing 2&3 first though. Easier."
None of the above seems easy without a breakout box which I do not have.  I
have not attempted the above.
4) The following was suggested-
"There IS a section in the ini file where the com port parameters are
specified - Make sure these are correct for your radio control, e.g.
9600-n-8-1 or whatever is CORRECT for your radio.  These settings apparently
override the Windows Device Manager settings, so they ARE important.  The
COM paarameters SHOULD be in your rig's user manual."