[WriteLog] date format and other problems

Ron Stailey, K5DJ k5dj@writelog.com
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 19:29:27 -0000

>Since none of the princples have answered my question, am I correct in
>assuming that there is no way to change the date format from yyyy-mm-dd to
>an understandable dd-mmm-yy?

  There is a reason why we it's yyyy-mm-dd, I'm sure Wayne will post a msg
  saying why it's the way it is. Yes we could have options to get what you
  want. The reason we have yyyy-mm-dd was in QST Magazine a while back..
  Wayne you can handle this one..

>I also would like the answer as to how to get the program to AUTOSAVE.

 Ok, there is info in the help files, (Not much) but it is there.. Look
 in Help Files under "INI File Options", it's quiet a ways down and only
 two 2 lines of info.    Here is what it says:

 (((Set AutoSaveCount to the number of QSOs allowed between automatically
    saving the log. Set this to -1 and WriteLog will not autosave. If you
    make no entry here, WriteLog will auto-save after every 100 QSOs.
    AutoSaveCount= -1 )))

 To set autosave go to: writelog.ini file, under [Confuguration] add a
 AutoSaveCount=20 (or what ever number of QSOs you want it to save after).
 When you do this you won't see the msg in your Call Sign Window saying:
 (20 QSOs since file save!)

 If you DON'T want Autosave ON, edit your writelog.ini file [Configuration]
 AutoSaveCount= -1, I'm not sure but I don't think you will see the:
 (20 QSOs since file save!) again either.. I think Randy K5ZD posted a msg
 saying a different way of getting rid of (20 QSOs since file save!) by
adding
 something in the writelog.ini file, I know I have his posting somewhere but
 can't find it right now. Randy, pse post your note on how to do this again
if
 you would.

 I personally thing it's a good idea to have AutoSaveCount=?? under your
 [Confuguration] if you don't want it active you can add a (;) in front of
 ;AutoSaveCount=?? and it won't be active. If you decide to make it active
 just remove the (;) and add the number or numbers you want after the =
sign,
 Click save and it's active.

  I hope this helps,

   73, de Ron K5DJ