[WriteLog] Super Check Data Intermittent

Barry N1EU n1eu@hotmail.com
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 19:42:23 -0500

Hope everyone had a blast in this weekend's fun fest.  Not sure we'll see
propagation like that in another CQ WW for a while.

I just wanted to mention that on (rare) occasion I've seen the super check
partial stop working correctly and was wondering if others have seen this as
well.  In the past, I've restarted WriteLog and it seemed to fix it.  It
never happened to me during a contest until now.  During CQ WW CW,
restarting WL didn't fix it but the darnedest thing was that it came back by
itself over a period of time (an hour??).  I suspect that there is a
conflict somewhere in the shared Windows processes that was interfering with
the Super Check database access function but somehow it got cleared up (wild
guess).  When the Super Check is acting up, it still displays callsigns from
the current contest, but fails to access the callsign database for
additional callsigns.  Anyone else see this?

Also wanted to reiterate an earlier suggestion by someone that spots be
sorted by Band in the spot window when "All Bands" are checked.

73,
Barry  N1EU
www.albany.net/~bg