[WriteLog] Targus USB serial adapter update

WA9ALS - John jfleming@shelbynet.net
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 20:48:20 -0500

I received email from a Targus Tech support person today.  He sent me
the latest device drivers and an uninstall program per my request.  He
said that the device SHOULD support the MP's comm parameters of
4800-N-8-2.  He said to just install the newest drivers, configure the
appropriate USB serial port using the Windows Device Manager to the
required comm parameters, and it should work.  It doesn't - Writelog and
DX4WIN do not read the radio on that port, but as before, they DO read
the radio normally if I use the standard on board serial connector on
the back of the laptop.

Keith (WB6BIG) is kindly sending me some Belkin USB serial adapters to
try out.  Stay tuned if you're interested in using USB serial ports with
the MP and/or you're interested in sending FSK 5-bit Baudot code via a
USB serial port...  73