[WriteLog] Writelog and Slow down in the Rttyrite-Window

Serge UT2IO Serge UT2IO" <ut2io@qsl.net
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 11:40:54 +0300

    Hi Wil.

> The same observe as we where in HO1A, and we was using a 700Mhz pentium
> with 256 Mb ram.
>
> Only solution was to swiched of the PTC and restart. So i found this
> very
> often during the contest, at least 15 times. I told earlyer about this
> but how often, we dont get any answer from the programm autors..
>
> Any other software running perfect with the PTC2, dont believe its a
> hardwareproblem.

    This is not Writelog problem. I've observed it in any program.
Also Nick UT2IZ observes it in every contest last 3 years with
WF1B program. So this is problem of PTC-II. May be more quicker
solution is to close then open RttyWrite window or even quickly
change TU-type to Dumb terminal and back to PTC-II. Effect is
same - reinitialization of TNC.
    So ask about problem to SCS guys - problem very annoyes, delay
is 10 and more seconds.

73 de Serge UT2IO.