[WriteLog] 8J2000/1 Scoring Problem in JARTS

Don Hill aa5au@msn.com
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 22:24:08 -0500

Maybe I'm missing something and I'm surprised no one has brought
it up yet.  But the station operating in JARTS this past weekend 8J2000/1
is showing up as a separate multiplier other than JA1 as I think it should be.

Luckily I only worked him on one band 40M.  I first worked JA1SJV at 1203Z
at it scored the JA1 mult correctly.  Then I worked 8J2000/1 at 1208Z and it
also showed as a multiplier.  This seems in error.  8J2000/1 shows up as
the correct country Japan but does not show up as a JA1.

If I'm correct on this, how do I fix it?  I didn't work 7K4QOK this time but I
understand he is also in the JA1 district.  But in WriteLog (and many other
contest programs I'm sure) 7K4QOK scores as a JA4 which is not correct.
This came up several years ago after one of the first JARTS contests.  I don't
know how the 7K4QOK can be fixed, but the 8J2000/1 seems broken.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Don Hill, AA5AU
http://www.geocities.com/aa5au/