[WriteLog] Re Newbie

Tom Wylie Tom Wylie" <twylie@net.ntl.com
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 19:35:05 +0100

I think I have found out what my problem is - now I just need to know how to
fix it.

My puter is an old 5X86 which i normally run under DOS using  Turbolog, CT,
NA and WF1B.   I have 4 COM ports configured.

I partitioned the drive and keep all the DOS stuff in D; whilst I loaded
windows 98 in C:

I think win98 is having trouble with the COM ports.   Neither the packet
windor or the RTTY window of Writelog can find any com ports.

Under the setup window/ports   no matter what I choose it tells me that a
com port is not available.

Writelog runs OK in my normal Pentium Internet computer which does NOT have
DOS loaded......

Anybody got any sensible ideas for a Dumb Terminal and I am talking about ME
the operator - not the equipment hihi

73 de tom
GM4FDM