[WriteLog] Networking Questions

Don Hill aa5au@msn.com
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 21:07:44 -0500

Ed et al,

I can't answer all your questions, but on the first one, when you linked
the 2m and the 222/432 computers to the 6m computer, the 6m computer
is then your "server".  In other words, all computers on the network must
link to just one computer.  That's why your setup worked.

I haven't checked it yet, but the check call window is only to check
to see what bands you have worked a particular station on and
if you need that multiplier on other bands.  I just brought up my check call
window with a new contest.  It said OK on all bands despite the fact that
I have no entries in the log.  As soon as I type anything in the CALL space,
all the OK's went away.

I brought up my SARTG2000.wl file and typed in 9V.  As soon as I hit the V
in 9V, the Check Call window showed OK on 15M because I had worked
a 9V on 15 meters previously.  The radio was on 20 meters, so in the Super
Check Partial window it showed 9V1XE in green and about 50 other callsigns
that included the string 9V such as AA9VN, AA9VT, K9VQK, etc.  All the
other calls were in black because they were not in the log.  The reason 9V1XE
was green was because he was in the log but on another band.  Had the
radio been on 15 meters, 9V1XE would have shown up in the Super Check
Partial window in red meaning I had worked him already on the band I was on.

So maybe you need to use the Super Check Partial window in conjunction
with the Check Call window.  This might help.

Maybe someone else can help with your other questions.

73, Don AA5AU