[WriteLog] Writelog & RITTY Help

Chuck Kresge du3nxe@mozcom.com
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 08:30:56 +0800

Many thanks to Don AA5AU, Andy DF3IAL, Jim AD1C and George W1ZT and others
who provided me assistance. The conclusion is that my problem is a Windows
problem where a file or files have become corrupted and when Windows loads
there is not enough conventional memory to run a DOS program from within
Windows.

Thanks George for the replacement HIMEM and EMM386 files. I copied them into
my computer but it did not help. Then when I tried to reinstall Windows 98
from my CD I cannot do it as I get the "Not enough conventional memory"
warning window and the computer locks up.

So now I do what I have done many times before. Save all my programs to my
backup hardrive and reformat the c:\ drive and load in Windows 3.1 and then
upgrade to Windows 98 with my CD. A pain-in-the-neck but the only way I know
of to really solve the problem.

Hope to work you all on RTTY or any other mode.

George W1ZT-I will be happy to sked an RTTY contact on any band you suggest.
Just send me an email with date, time and frequency.

Many thanks-Chuck DU3NXE du3nxe@mozcom.com