[WriteLog] Autosave

Bruce A. King Bruce A. King" <baking@gis.net
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:00:04 -0400

Hi Alan

> CT saves to your hard drive after every QSO and to your A drive every hour
> and on quitting without any "SAVE AS" switching around commands.  I did
not
> realize that WRITELOG cannot do the same.

Writelog effectively saves (most) logging data to the hard drive for each
transaction also. If you close Writelog without having done a save, it will
ask if you want to. If you don't, all the data is saved anyway, but in a
journal file (which you will have the option of using to update the log file
when you next open it). Writelog does not save *ALL* the pertinent data
between saves, depending on the contest. QTC's can be lost in the WAE
contest if you fail to save... (or autosave). Writing a copy of the file to
the floppy as CT allows is a different issue. If the feature were to be
included, I would prefer to be able to select what alternate storage device
to use e.g. floppy, CD writer, Zip drive, alternate hard drive, etc. Don't
forget that you still have up to an hour's worth of activity at risk with
the CT floppy save capability.

73 Bruce W1CSM