[WriteLog] Computer for RTTY use, Gateway Profile- W98 vs. WinME?

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 faunt@panix.com
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 17:21:26 -0400 (EDT)

I sent this to the RTTY list, but there might be some useful inpuit
from people on this list, also.

I'm thinking about getting a new computer for RTTY contesting,
specifically a Gateway Profile 3, since it looks like it would fit in
here as well as a laptop does.

However, I may have a problem with getting it with W98 on it, so
wonder if I can use Windows ME with MMTTY and Writelog without
problems.  I'd prefer to get W98, since that's what I'm sorta familiar
with. In fact I'd be willing to reload it with W98, if that's
practical.

I'd appreciate any advise on this, but it might not be of interest to
everyone, so I'd welcome email direct to me.

73, doug