[WriteLog] soundcard?/terrible audio help

KG8DH@aol.com KG8DH@aol.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 20:39:29 EST

Hello all,
I believe this is more a windows/sound problem than writelog, but I suspect a
user on this list may have been through it before me.

Following up on my original email,  I still have not found a solution to my
sound problem.  The audio when I record is terribly weak, distorted and
noisy.  I suspected that I had a sound card problem, but after downloading
the latest drivers, the problem is still there.

I have noticed that when I am in the Windows Volume Control applet, I cannot
highlight the menu item Advanced controls.  On my laptop at work, I am able
to highlight this menu item, and my mic does fine.  In fact it is too loud.
I am not sure as to how I can get to advanced controls and enable the 20 db
boost.  I feel that would solve my low audio problem.

Thank you for any help you folks could provide.
Geary
KG8DH