[WriteLog] Re: [acom-list] Acom Tools and Writelog working

Gerry Hull windev@inetmarket.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 21:06:17 -0500

> Thanks to Michael for some quick troubleshooting and fix.  AcomTools
> is now working fine with Writelog. It's neat to just turn the dial on the
> xcvr or click on a packet spot and have the amp follow! Wonder if
> anyone has spoken with the DX4WIN guys about providing whatever
> info is needed to support AcomTools?
> 73,
> Barry W2UP--
> Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up@mindspring.com
> Newtown, PA                     Frankford Radio Club

Yes, a HUGE thanks to Michael (a non-ham, but a top-notch programmer)
publicly and personally from me for picking up the ball on the AcomTools!
He has done a great job.

It was actually Jim, K1IR, who initially came up with the idea of
tracking the amplifier along with Rig frequency. Thanks to the VERY open
API of Writelog (thanks Wayne), it was very easy to write a
frequency-tracking plugin.  I've also done one for LogWindows
and a couple of other programs... I'd be happy to provide the DX4WIN
folks with what they need.

The frequency plugin can be created with any tool which can create
COM (ActiveX) DLLs, such as Microsoft Visual Basic. (The Writelog plugin
was done in VB).

The only warning I would point out to you guys is to not leave the
tracking feature enabled at all times (as the motors will get a real
workout!).  During a contest -- GO FOR IT!

73,

Gerry, W1VE/VE1RM