[WriteLog] "Server not available" error?

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Mon, 08 Jan 2001 11:15:41 -0500

At 05:03 PM 1/8/01 +0100, ww wrote:

>Also had trouble that I had to reboot my PTC a few times. Writelog
>could not read the buffers. I can hear stations answer, but nothing
>comes on the screen.

I did have this problem a couple of times - it said the sound card couldn't
be opened for receive and stopped decoding.  I thought it might have been
because DX4WIN was running in the background with Windows sound enabled,
but I'm sure it happened even when no alerts had occurred in DX4WIN for
some time.  It did not require a reboot, just shutdown and restart Writelog.

Used 10.22C.  Win95, P166, 64M RAM, 16-bit Sound Blaster (ISA).

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Read our Holiday message at http://www.ad1c.com/