[WriteLog] Start sending now?

Clive Whelan clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk
Sun, 08 Jul 2001 13:20:38 +0100

Hi Nick

> working in S&P mode and still using "Enter sends exchange/QRZ".   I
> found out that if you press and hold "shift" and then hit "enter" key
> you can log your QSO without sending "tnx , qrz test de" on the
> frequency which is not yours.  It will just silently log the qso.  I
> wish there is a keyboard shortcut for enabling/disabling "Enter sends
> exchange/QRZ".   It is a real pain to use touch pad as a mouse to work
> with the menus and at the same time take the focus off of the entry
> window.   On the other side "Enter sends exchange/QRZ" is great for
> running mode.

Thanks

I guess I already knew about shift/enter if only because that's in TR
and is a great way of getting out of trouble when using the paddle (
which I can't do in WL :-(  ). However perhaps I'm being dense, but how
should I call the station in "S&P" mode without the exchange being sent.

So iow I have the entry window up, and I hear VA3NA, what sequence of
keystrokes do I use to call, send the exchange , and then presumably
Shift/enter to log? This seems to be completely neglected in the
helpfile.

73

Clive
GW3NJW