[WriteLog] A question concerning band plans

Scot Herrick scot@k9jy.com
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:36:31 -0000

See notes below...

CU...Scot, K9JY

See WriteLog's complete user manual at
K9JY's WriteLog site http://www.k9jy.com

mailto:scot@k9jy.com

> I have reconfigured  the US-extra band plan to reflect the
> European band plan
> and set this as the default band plan.
> This seems to be working as the Bandmap window is now showing the correct
> Sub bands, however if I click on a DX spot in the Bandmap WriteLog still
> follows the US band plan when it comes to setting the mode, this
> means that
> SSB spots on 40 don't work correctly. DX spots at the bottom of the
> European Phone section on 80 don't work correctly either.
> my modified band plan is showing up ok in the Bandmap window, frequencies
> above 7040 are SSB in Europe yet even if I set my band plan up as
> 7000-7040
> CW,  7030-7040 Data and 7040-7100 SSB clicking on 40 m spots
> always selects CW.
>
> Same mode error happens if I click on a spot in the packet spots
> window, is
> this designed to slow down Europeans in Contests <VBG>

YEEEESSSSS! We have to build in something to slow you guys down! ;>))

> How do I fix this?

Methinks you did the setup incorrectly with the band plan (just like I did
the first time trying to replicate the problem here).

After you reset the frequencies - for each change you click on 'modify' -
and when completely done, click on 'Save.' Here the names of the band plans
come up and you can choose a new one (this is what I did NOT do the first
time...). I chose a new band plan called 'EU_bandplan' - very original,
don't you think?

Then, after clicking on OK, I then clicked on 'Set Bandmap file' and chose
the 'EU_bandplan.' Then going into WriteLog on a contest, the band plan
showed correctly. I entered calls into the band map based upon my mode on
the rig...one each for CW, digital (RTTY/FSK), and Phone. I did not test
with Packet.

Each double click on the call in the band map changed the frequency and the
mode correctly. So I think it's working the way it's supposed to (except for
slowing you guys down...).

> Is there a keyboard shortcut for the insert text annotation command?

Press the 'Insert' key and it will go to insert mode for the window.

> Is there a way to set up the size of the data fields in the log, for
> example I want a 30 character long remarks field for use when general
> purpose logging?

Nope. This isn't a logging program. And there is no remarks field. Notes
will do the same thing, but they are not associated with specific QSO's.