[WriteLog] A question concerning band plans

brendan Minish ei6iz@newsguy.com
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 11:44:45 +0000

At 03:36 21/07/2001 +0000, you wrote:

>After you reset the frequencies - for each change you click on 'modify' -
>and when completely done, click on 'Save.' Here the names of the band plans
>come up and you can choose a new one (this is what I did NOT do the first
>time...). I chose a new band plan called 'EU_bandplan' - very original,
>don't you think?

This is what I have done, When I view the new band plan file in notepad it
is correct.
The band map windows shows my modified band plan correctly.
  when I click on my previous contacts or manually entered ones the correct
mode is selected

However if I click on a DX cluster spot in either the spot window or on the
bandmap, writelog always selects the mode according to the US sub bands,
even though the US bandmap file has been modified as well (I copied my EU
bandpaln file over the US extra bandmap file to see if this would fix the
problem,)
I even tried a band plan with CW NOT permitted above 7040, Writelog still
selected CW for any incoming DX spot on 40m.

I can send you my bandmap file if you think it would help.

 > Is there a keyboard shortcut for the insert text annotation command?

>Press the 'Insert' key and it will go to insert mode for the window.

This seems to insert the log window into the band map without logging the QSO

> > Is there a way to set up the size of the data fields in the log, for
> > example I want a 30 character long remarks field for use when general
> > purpose logging?
>
>Nope. This isn't a logging program. And there is no remarks field. Notes
>will do the same thing, but they are not associated with specific QSO's.

Actually I have found that I can add fields and if I make the title long I
have a reasonable text area, I have added two fields, one for remarks and
one for QSL info.
Still a short cut to add text (the pushpin thing) would be handy.

I know this isn't a general purpose log book program but I want to use it
as my general purpose log for a few weeks so that I get very fluent with
Writelog before I am under pressure in a contest.