[WriteLog] MMTTYPluginforWritelog.Exe

Scot Herrick scot@k9jy.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:55:41 -0000

Hi David,

MMTTY, in version 1.61B - in BETA testing, provides for an MMTTY 'engine'
that can be used by other programs. You will note in the WL web site that
the new version 10.27x - currently in BETA test - uses this engine as one of
the TNC options in Rttyrite. WriteLog maintains the Rttyrite screen (where
the printing is done) so that you can still click on calls and exchanges to
automatically fill in your Log Entry window, but uses the MMTTY engine for
decoding the RTTY signals (and it has that nice waterfall display that a lot
of people like; it's really a sharp looking interface).

The key words here are BETA TESTING. Both in MMTTY and in WriteLog. As a
beta tester I can tell you that it will be very nice but it also needs a lot
of work between the two programs to make sure it meets the stringent
standards of the WriteLog users for programs. This one is a little more
difficult in that two programs are in a beta testing mode, not just one. You
don't want all the page faults where you have to shut down the PC and start
over in the middle of the contest, trust me.

But when it's done, it will be pretty slick. Have some patience, it looks
like - if the two programs can fix the problems - that it's coming.

CU...Scot, K9JY

See WriteLog's complete user manual at
K9JY's WriteLog site http://www.k9jy.com

mailto:scot@k9jy.com