[WriteLog] MMTTYPluginforWritelog.Exe

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au@bellsouth.net
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 20:40:07 -0500

Thanks Scot for that update to the group.  I might add that I did beta
test the MMTTY Plug-in for WriteLog in last weekend's NAQP RTTY
contest and it performed extremely well.  That is not to say that it is ready.
I'm not the one to determine that.

I used it in a 2nd RTTYrite window in parallel with my PK232 which I
ran in the 1st RTTYrite window by utilizing WriteLog's SO2R setup except
I used just one radio with paralleled receive from the rig going to the PK232
and soundcard.  For transmit I used FSK from the PK232 in parallel with
FSK from COM 2 on my computer into the radio.  This way I could transmit from either
Entry window & from either RTTYrite screen.  It was awesome.

The MMTTY receive outperformed the PK232 hands down.  I saw the
difference despite most of the signals being strong from stateside.  With the
pace of the contest so fast, I was not able to play with the many different
setups available with MMTTY.  I used the basic, default setup and no AFC.

I made 560 QSO's in 10 hours with absolutely NO problems.  I transmitted
several times from the MMTTY window but not nearly enough to tell
if it's 100% good.

Other than the outstanding receive MMTTY gives you, another great feature
is having three different and very useful tuning indicators - spectrum, scope
and waterfall.  To me, the scope is the best.

Hopefully, Wayne and Ron will have it out soon.  But it's their call.

73, Don AA5AU