[WriteLog] Rigblaster PTT w/Writelog

Marty Tippin martyt@pobox.com
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 07:46:30 -0700 (PDT)

If you're trying to use the COM port to interface with the rig's
control port (i.e. for frequency/mode display and tracking in
WriteLog), you generally *can't* use that same port to key the rig
without some extra work on your part. A few rigs (FT-1000MP, FT-100 and
probably a few others) support software commands to key the rig so you
don't even need a keying line for those (and you wouldn't be having
this problem). But most rigs do not have software commands to key them.

WriteLog *can* use the same serial port for rig control and for keying,
but you have to build a cable that splits out the keying circuit (the
RTS line) from the rest of the serial cable.

Assuming you're only using the serial port for the keying line (and not
rig interfacing), you next need to know whether the RigBlaster is
configured to key via RTS or DTR (two different pins on the serial
port) -- WriteLog wants to use RTS (it uses DTR for sending CW and for
FSK keying.) This is likely a jumper setting within the RigBlaster.

Does the RigBlaster key the transmitter when you use other programs?
Obviously you need to be sure the RigBlaster is working correctly.

-Marty NW0L
 martyt@pobox.com