[WriteLog] Rigblaster PTT w/Writelog

Richard Thorne rthorne@tcac.net
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 11:05:05 -0500

John:

I had the same problem.  I'm making the assumption that your rig is
connected to another com port.

Anyways, it turned out to be the serial cable I was using.  I had several
serial cables, but the one that ended up working was a modem cable from
RadioShack.  Once I installed the cable all was well.  I exchanged a few
notes with the guy from West Mountain Radio, he told me the pinouts so I
could either home brew one or buy one.  The Radio Shack box had the
schematic on the back for verification prior to purchase.

GL.

John Desmond wrote:

>   I have been trying to get Writelog (V10.20B) to key the rig via COM1
> on a laptop via Rigblaster.  The
> Rigblaster manual says that as the PC boots, the data lamp should flash
> and the rig should key.  I never see this
> but I know the COM port works fine as I use it all the time for other
> functions.
>    I looked at the Rigblaster site and saw what they had as an example
> for setting that up.  That did not help.  I
> am thinking that maybe the laptop (IBM 770Z Thinkpad) may not activate
> the right leads for this function to work.
>    Any ideas out there?
>
> 73, John  K0TG
>
> --

Richard Thorne