[WriteLog] Type ahead buffer wish

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au@bellsouth.net
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 22:06:57 -0600

Perhaps a very small part of the receive window might be OK for a
type ahead buffer, but personally I like the type ahead the way it is now.

WriteLog is a contest program and type ahead would be a waste of
screen real estate during a contest.  But because WriteLog is such a
great RTTY program for everyday use, I can understand why others
would like to see one.

Most of you already know that WriteLog is one of the best RTTY programs
available, not just for contesting.  I use it every day for RTTY.  Now that
there is a scroll back buffer and the wide band decode splits the screen,
it makes it about 200% better than previous versions.

Another good reason for using WriteLog for your everyday RTTY
program is so that when RTTY contest time rolls around, you will know
the program that much better.

The EA RTTY Contest is coming up next weekend.  In the past, this has
not been a very popular contest because of the rules.  However, the rules
have changed to make this contest more fun to everyone and I would
encourage everyone to take part.  See you there!!!

THANKS TO WAYNE FOR THE BEST RTTY PROGRAM I'VE EVER USED!

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.geocities.com/aa5au/