[WriteLog] Type ahead buffer wish

Grant Bright, Ph.D. gbright@bellsouth.net
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 00:30:38 -0500

Hi Don, and ListMates,

I think you said it better than I,... it IS the very fact of
WriteLog being such a good program for everyday use, that I
suggested the enhancement of the type ahead buffer. And yes,
the scroll back buffer is a terrific enhancement...just
tonight I worked a new one for me and missed my report,
scrolled back and there it was... Great.

I believe with a good type ahead buffer, enhancing the
already present power,WriteLog would become the de facto
standard against which all others would be measured.

Because I am now using an ST8000, adding RITTY in to gain a
typing buffer will not do me any good. To use another
terminal program, pasting into WriteLog takes away from its
functionality and its scalability. I have seen the
usefulness and enhancement possible in running two receive
screens, one from a TU and the other from the
soundcard....and I love it.

I didn't make the daily use point. I am glad you did!

73s,

Grant
W4OJC