[WriteLog] BARTG Contest

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au@bellsouth.net
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:02:19 -0600

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

In BARTG you can submit a Cabrillo log.  I also thought I
read where a summary sheet was needed along with the Cabrillo
log but that is not correct.  I've included an E-mail from John,
GW4KSA, that was sent to the WF1B reflector concerning the
logs.  In it he states that only non-Cabrillo logs need to send
in a summary sheet.

Create your Cabrillo file with WriteLog named CALLSIGN.log
and send it as an attachment to John, GW4SKA.  His E-mail address
is:  SKA@bartg.demon.co.uk

Here are John's comments on BARTG Spring RTTY Contest...

73, Don AA5AU

Hello everyone,

Just a few words about the contest this weekend.
The rules are at:
http://www.bartg.demon.co.uk/Contests/01_rules.htm

Please have a look at them before entering the contest, particularly
regarding single operators and the 5 minute band change rule.

You can send logs in various formats as specified in the rules, but
Cabrillo logs are much preferred, as they save about 30 minutes
processing work per log received (and it is my personal time, and I
don't get paid for it!) If you send in Cabrillo format the header should
look
something like this:

START-OF-LOG: 2.0
ARRL-SECTION:
CALLSIGN: GW4SKA
CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP 10M LOW RTTY
CATEGORY-OVERLAY:
CLAIMED-SCORE: 12
CLUB: BARTG
CONTEST: BARTG-RTTY
NAME: John Barber
ADDRESS: PO Box 611
ADDRESS: Cardiff
ADDRESS: South Wales
ADDRESS:
OPERATORS:
SOAPBOX: Only had a little time but enjoyed the test
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX:

Note the title of the contest should be BARTG-RTTY, not BARTG RTTY or
BARTG-SPRINT.
If you are unsure about how to get the log into the right format, or
wish to check your log properly before sending, then I can recommend the

software from Bruce Lifter WT4I which I use myself.
See CabrilloTools.com for info.

Finally you do not have to send your log in by 0105 Monday morning .. I
would prefer you to send me the right log in the right format (for the
right contest) after you have checked it over properly! Send Cabrillo
logs by e-mail as an attached file named yourcall.log with a summary
named yourcall.sum.
Non Cabrillo logs should be attached files named yourcall.all and
yourcall.sum.

Have fun, and look for me on 10 metres.

John GW4SKA
BARTG contest manager