[WriteLog] Re: [DX4WIN] Re: CW doesn't work after upgrading to WindowsXP from Win95/98/ME

Gil Baron gbaron@home.com
Fri, 02 Nov 2001 06:23:03 -0600

--=====================_159020919==_.ALT

At 12:26 11/1/2001, n5po@juno.com wrote:
>I use Writelog V 10.26D and windows ME...No problem here

WINME DOES work, WIN XP/NT/2K does not. They are OSes.

>using the LPT for CW keying...I also use DX4WIN on the same computer.
>Both work fine...
>
>Lee N5PO
>

>On Thu, 01 Nov 2001 06:43:47 -0500 Jim Reisert <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
>writes:
> > So this begs the question:
> >
> > If DX4WIN can send CW via the LPT port under Windows NT/2K/XP, why
> > can't
> > Writelog?
> >
> > 73 - Jim AD1C
> >
> > At 12:06 AM 11/1/2001 -0600, Duane A Calvin wrote about DX4WIN:
> >
> > >Paul provided the clue to my problem that caused the CW keying on
> > the
> > >parallel port to stop working when I upgraded fromWinME to WinXP.
> > The
> > >NT/2000/XP series of products require a different port driver than
> > the
> > >95/98/ME series.  Since I couldn't find a simple way to just
> > extract the
> > >one file and install it, I simply reinstalled 5.03 and all works
> > fine
> > >now.  This will only be a problem if you "upgrade" as described
> > above.
> > >If you do a fresh install, this would be automatically loaded when
> > you
> > >reinstall DX4WIN.  Thanks, Paul, for the tip!
> >
> > --
> > Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863
> > USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_159020919==_.ALT

At 12:26 11/1/2001, n5po@juno.com wrote:<br>
WINME DOES work, WIN XP/NT/2K does not. They are OSes.<br><br>
also use DX4WIN on the same computer.<br>
Both work fine...<br><br>
Lee N5PO<br><br>
On Thu, 01 Nov 2001 06:43:47 -0500 Jim Reisert
&lt;jjreisert@alum.mit.edu&gt;<br>
writes:<br>
&gt; So this begs the question:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; If DX4WIN can send CW via the LPT port under Windows NT/2K/XP, why
&gt; can't <br>
&gt; Writelog?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; 73 - Jim AD1C<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; At 12:06 AM 11/1/2001 -0600, Duane A Calvin wrote about
DX4WIN:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; &gt;Paul provided the clue to my problem that caused the CW keying
on <br>
&gt; the<br>
&gt; &gt;parallel port to stop working when I upgraded fromWinME to
WinXP.&nbsp; <br>
&gt; The<br>
&gt; &gt;NT/2000/XP series of products require a different port driver
than <br>
&gt; the<br>
&gt; &gt;95/98/ME series.&nbsp; Since I couldn't find a simple way to
just <br>
&gt; extract the<br>
&gt; &gt;one file and install it, I simply reinstalled 5.03 and all works
&gt; fine<br>
&gt; &gt;now.&nbsp; This will only be a problem if you
&quot;upgrade&quot; as described <br>
&gt; above.<br>
&gt; &gt;If you do a fresh install, this would be automatically loaded
when <br>
&gt; you<br>
&gt; &gt;reinstall DX4WIN.&nbsp; Thanks, Paul, for the tip!<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; --<br>
&gt; Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA
01863<br>
&gt; USA +978-251-9933, &lt;jjreisert@alum.mit.edu&gt;,
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>