[WriteLog] Sweepstakes CW Review

Garry Shapiro ni6t@intuitive.com
Tue, 06 Nov 2001 05:55:45 +0000

Same observation and complaint from this new/recent user! Finally figured out
that after entering the two-digit CHECK you are automatically in SECTION, but
the penalty for being wrong was often to lose the SECTION entry (YIKES, was that
guy in NC or TN?) and/or have a digit appended to NUMBER. It was maddening and
time-wasting! Is there an option for doing this some other way? Saving a
keystroke is attractive, but, as Dick suggests, entry consistency is a virtue,
especially when one is sleep-deprived  and therefore less than fully focussed.

I also, too close to the start of the SS, decided to configure the .ini for CT
emulation. I found that some of the functions (e.g. adding CQing from F1)
worked, and some did not, despite careful verbatim entry of the .ini commands in
CONFIGURATION. Happily, this did not create any serious problems, or at least
not that I noticed.

I also noted some stuttering of  my transmitted CQ's and memories (actually,
delays, more like stretched-tape wow), and not just after SAVE's. Sometimes, the
buggered exchange info induced a request for a repeat---not good. No, I was not
using a 25 MHz AT, but a 550 MHz P3, and no, I used no USB peripherals.
Waitaminnit--I had a SanDisk digital camera memory reader attached to one USB
port. Anyone else have this problem?

On a positive note, I appreciated the TX lockout on dupes, especially late in
the contest, S&Ping, when 80% of CQ's found were dupes.

Garry, NI6T