[WriteLog] Sweepstakes CW Review

Randy Thompson, K5ZD k5zd@earthlink.net
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 13:09:06 -0000

I made a posting before SS to tell everyone to change the settings for the
CK field so that it would not auto tab when full.  About half way through
Saturday, I realized that the Prec field was also doing auto tab.  Turning
that off made it so the space bar do the right thing from all fields.

There is definitely some quirky tabbing that happens if you edit the call
field during the QSO.  I noticed that sometimes it would space bar back to
the number (as if starting over) rather than going on to the CK field.  This
just required a few more quick hits on the space bar.  Good thing it is the
largest key on the keyboard!

I agree that the default settings for the SS should be changed to remove the
auto tab.

Randy, K5ZD

PS - WriteLog and the W5XD multi-keyer worked flawlessly for me all weekend.
I can say that the SO2R features of the multi-keyer added 70 contacts to my
score over previous years.