[WriteLog] wae buffers from aa5au

w9hly@decaturnet.com w9hly@decaturnet.com
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 09:28:00 -0500

On 6 Nov 2001, at 3:51, WA9ALS - John wrote:

> * However, many of us would encourage you to -not- set up a buffer
> with a "WORKED B4" message and work all dupes instead.  If the other
> guy is telling you that you are a dupe, obviously you are not in his
> log correctly or at all, so you'd be better off working him again.
> Besides, it takes less time to work him again than to send the wrked
> before message and then maybe have to explain/argue about it.  HI

How does the log checker handle the situation above?

I log XX8YYY at 0100. At 0230 we log another. My log tags it as a
dupe, XX8YYY logs it as a normal exchange. He gains. Do I loose?
Does the checker go to the trouble of verifying the sequence of
events? I would guess only if it would determine the winner of a
certain place place finish it the contest.

Curious.....

Vern