[WriteLog] newbie questions

WA9ALS - John wa9als@starband.net
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 22:21:51 -0500

> OK, I'm lost. I cannot get these windows to line up. I can get 3 maybe 4
> where I want them and then try to "dock" the last one and everything I
moved
> first rearranges. How can I get the log window to stay the same size? Its
> about 5 or 6 lines high, I dock the checkcall, rate , log entry to the top
> of it, then try to attach the beamheading window and everything changes
> including the log window which just about doubles in height. Also I cant
> send the rtty messsages when the rtty window is open!! ( not good). The
main
> writelog window needs to be "blue" to send the f keys but the the rtty
> window closes. Please excuse the bandwidth but I'm trying to get this
ready
> for this weekend and something just doesnt make sense. I have a 17"
monitor,
> 1024x768, win95 and mmtty plugged in.

The easy answer is to UNdock ALL the windows, and then resize them and
locate them where you wish.  WL is getting better at remembering where most
of them go later when you restart it on another day too.  That way, you can
move things around and/or resize as you choose without affecting the others
in the way you describe above.