[WriteLog] "No Rig!" and no F Keys Bug

Barry N1EU n1eu@hotmail.com
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 19:20:48 -0500

In a revisitation of my gremlins from CQ WW SSB, I lost F Key memory keying
eight times during CQ WW CW.  At the same time, the frequency/mode button to
the left of the log entry window displayed "No Rig!" and the indicator light
on my rig stopped flashing.  HOWEVER, I could still set frequency by
clicking on packet spots and logging of correct frequency still occurred!  A
real head scratcher . . .

I couldn't really correlate the onset of this problem with any specific
event.  In fact, once it happened in the few seconds between playing two f
keys.

I could not restore memory keying without exiting and restarting WL.  And
yes, lose all the packet spots (ARGHHHHH).

Oh well.  Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend and the turn around in the
propagation Sunday!

73,
Barry  N1EU

P.S. - A completely unrelated comment - it would be nice if "Alt - W" (clear
entry) would place the cursor focus back in the entry window