[WriteLog] SO2R Question

Clive Whelan clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:46:12 -0000

In article <NDBBJODEMLLOGMDJBPCDEEKGDEAA.k5zd@earthlink.net>,
K5ZD Randy Thompson wrote:
> I have never figured out what %X is supposed to do.

Oh that's easy, the question is why it doesn't do it!

As stated any message preceded by %X should retain the original
transmit focus instead of switching to the radio with the
keyboard focus.

So e.g. you are running SO2R and have a run on the LEFT radio.
You then shift arrow to the RIGHT radio to do a dupe check on a
possible mult using the space bar ( if you are unsure), and
press Fn to dump your callsign on frequency.( i.e transmit focus
switches automatically to the RIGHT RADIO which *does* work as
I'm sure you know)

However let's say the station does not reply but in ( say) F7 I
have programmed %X test GW1LID GW1LID test. Then if I press F7
that message should be sent on the LEFT radio so that I am in
less danger of losing my run frequency, and also to maximise my
air time exposure. However it does not do that, and sends that
message on the RIGHT radio on top of the mult, making GW1LID
look  a bigger lid than he really is!

Not to put too fine a point on it, this seems to be a *BUG*

Also the interaction with the " AUTO RESUME" function being its
raison d'etre doesn't seem to work either. i.e. I was running an
AUTO REPEAT CQ at say 1.5 seconds interval, flip the keyboard
focus to the RIGHT RADIO to do a dupe check as above, call using
Fn, but am ignored. As soon as my call is over on the RIGHT
RADIO ( doesn't really matter if successful or not) the CQ
should "AUTO RESUME" on the LEFT RADIO. This does not seem to
work either. I think both these changes were implemented at the
same time ( v10.19 was it?), and I suspect that neither have
*ever* worked.

I'd be happy to be disabused of these opinions, since either or
both would massively increase the functionality of SO2R
operation. However if they are *BUGS*, hopefully the authors
will respond, wot sa authors?

73

Clive
GW3NJW