[WriteLog] Mode Shift

Tom Fitzpatrick k4ie@hotmail.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 19:12:37 +0000

     Well,
     I'm still having my mode shift problem.  This is especially severe
during cw contests like this past weekend.  What happens is that the little
box in the bottom left-hand corner shows the correct freq., but shifts modes
at random.  I noticed that during phone contests it shifts between USB and
LSB, which causes no problems.  However, during cw contests it shifts
between cw and LSB.  This can be annoying because if I happen to hit the
keyer while it is shifted to LSB, the keyer won't fire.  Also, if I happen
to hit enter during the LSB phase it enters the QSO as Phone and indicates a
red B in the log.  I've discovered this can be corrected by clicking on the
freq., hitting cw in the dialog box and going to the contest pulldown and
recalculate the score.
     I'm using the newest version of WL (it's done this with all of them
I've had).  I have a new harddrive on the computer (after a major crash),
I've tried using various baud rates between the program and the rig.  The
rig is a TS-570S.  I've heard from one other fellow who is using this rig
and he's having similar problems.  I doubt it's the cable or the rig,
because I use Log-Eqf for my every day log using the same computer, same
rig, same cable, same baud rate and it's as solid as a rock.
     Any suggestions out there??
     73,
     Tom