[WriteLog] Saving your configuration

Gil Baron gbaron@home.com
Thu, 04 Oct 2001 07:44:49 -0500

--=====================_426125435==_.ALT

At 07:36 10/4/2001, WA9ALS - John wrote:

> > This is what I have been saying and thinking about. It is something I have
> > not wanted to do. It is just the way you have to do it with TRLOG. I want
> > widows program to work the way a windows program should work. I will do
> > this if forced but would much rather have it done right.
>
>This can be made even easier by using the Launcher program that comes with
>DX Telnet.  Launcher is just a Windows program that "launches" batch
>statements like you might make using a DOS bat file.  Fab introduced it to
>use with running DX Telnet, DX4WIN, and Writelog together, but it can be
>used to launch any batch file of your design.  THEN, you can just make a
>Windows shortcut to the various Launcher/bat files of interest and keep them
>where they are handy.
>
>I guess maybe you can do the same with the DOS bat files, but this way you
>don't have to use DOS.

Really there is only one file that has to be saved and copied. That is the
ini file. I find it just as easy to just do it manually although a batch
shortcut could be made. If you save the ini file then everything else come
form the contest files. If you need different wave files you can do the
asme. This is all fie but not the right way for a windows program to work.
It sort of negates some of the advantages of windows.
As I said, I will do it but just keep hoping that a future version fixes
these problems and takes the ini file out of winnt also.

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_426125435==_.ALT

At 07:36 10/4/2001, WA9ALS - John wrote:<br><br>
saying and thinking about. It is something I have<br>
&gt; not wanted to do. It is just the way you have to do it with TRLOG. I
want<br>
a<br>
&gt; widows program to work the way a windows program should work. I will
do<br>
&gt; this if forced but would much rather have it done right.<br><br>
This can be made even easier by using the Launcher program that comes
with<br>
DX Telnet.&nbsp; Launcher is just a Windows program that
&quot;launches&quot; batch<br>
statements like you might make using a DOS bat file.&nbsp; Fab introduced
it to<br>
use with running DX Telnet, DX4WIN, and Writelog together, but it can
be<br>
used to launch any batch file of your design.&nbsp; THEN, you can just
make a<br>
Windows shortcut to the various Launcher/bat files of interest and keep
them<br>
where they are handy.<br><br>
I guess maybe you can do the same with the DOS bat files, but this way
you<br>
Really there is only one file that has to be saved and copied. That is
the ini file. I find it just as easy to just do it manually although a
batch shortcut could be made. If you save the ini file then everything
else come form the contest files. If you need different wave files you
can do the asme. This is all fie but not the right way for a windows
program to work.<br>
It sort of negates some of the advantages of windows.<br>
As I said, I will do it but just keep hoping that a future version fixes
these problems and takes the ini file out of winnt also.  <br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'<br>
&quot;Baila como nadie te ve&quot; <br>