[WriteLog] time loss

Gil Baron gbaron@home.com
Thu, 04 Oct 2001 10:13:58 -0500

--=====================_435074764==_.ALT

I did not see this but then I run Dimension.4. That keeps my clock in sync
at regular intervals.

At 09:16 10/4/2001, w9hly@decaturnet.com wrote:
>Just curious, but I am wondering if others have the same problem.
>
>During the past weekends contest (RTTY) I noticed at one time that
>the computer clock was 7 minutes slow. I corrected t it and watched
>it, the best I could, the rest of the contest. About a minute every two
>hours is lost - a rough estimate. This morning, Thursday, I checked
>the computer clock and it is right on. I have used it sparingly since
>Sunday.
>
>The ONLY program running was WriteLog/MMTTY!  No connection
>to the Internet, no prefix checker, no this, no that. Is my particular
>computer at fault or does using the WriteLog/MMTTY combo heavily
>take that many clock pulses from the internal timer?
>
>As I say, just curious.
>
>Vern

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_435074764==_.ALT

I did not see this but then I run Dimension.4. That keeps my clock in
sync at regular intervals.<br><br>
At 09:16 10/4/2001, w9hly@decaturnet.com wrote:<br>
others have the same problem.<br><br>
During the past weekends contest (RTTY) I noticed at one time that <br>
the computer clock was 7 minutes slow. I corrected t it and watched
it, the best I could, the rest of the contest. About a minute every two
hours is lost - a rough estimate. This morning, Thursday, I checked
the computer clock and it is right on. I have used it sparingly since
Sunday.<br><br>
The ONLY program running was WriteLog/MMTTY!&nbsp; No connection <br>
to the Internet, no prefix checker, no this, no that. Is my particular
computer at fault or does using the WriteLog/MMTTY combo heavily <br>
take that many clock pulses from the internal timer?<br><br>
As I say, just curious.<br><br>
Vern<br><br>