[WriteLog] DXTelnet and "Local Network Disconnected" Msg

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au@bellsouth.net
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 10:03:22 -0500

> Has anyone figured out how to share spots AND use DXTelnet?

YES!  I just connected a 3rd PC to my network today and installed DXTelnet
on it in preparation for the upcoming JARTS RTTY Contest.  I've been using
it for a long time off one of my PC's that runs WriteLog.  Today, I decided
to connect up an old 50 mhz, 486DX machine just for DXTelnet so to free
up memory in my WriteLog PC's.

It's SIMPLE!

You must use the UDP program supplied with DXTelnet.  You must assign
IP address to each PC if they do not already have one assigned.

Follow the UDPSEND.TXT instructions located in the UDP folder under
DXTelnet.  You run UDPSEND.EXE and configure it.  You then leave
UDPSEND.EXE running.  You must configure you writelog.ini file to use
DXTelnet and have the Packet Window running within WriteLog.

The IP address thing can be a little tricky to understand.  If you are using
any kind of cable or ADSL router or have a server, then IP addresses have
already been assigned.

To find out, run UDPSEND.EXE and if there is an IP address already in the
"Your IP" box then your PC already has an IP address.  If not, then you will
need to type one in.  Just make one up.  It needs to be a certain "class" IP but
this one will work:  192.168.1.100 for the first PC, 192.168.1.101 for the 2nd
PC, etc.

I'm hoping to put something on my WriteLog web site showing how to set it
up and perhaps I'll have time to do that today since it's too windy to go fishing.
One thing I do that is different than the instructions.  I leave the "Bind Address:"
box blank.

GL, Don AA5AU