[WriteLog] rtty tx

RSAUVAN cabmas@bankpds.com
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:23:15 -0500

I have been unsuccessful in getting my Kam to work at all
on rtty with WL.So, I have gone to the sound card to try
and get it working. I am able to receive data on the stereo afsk
setting. I have wired a cable for the 850 kenwood as follows.
Mic jack on rig-pin 1 (mic) to center pin on plug to sound card.
                        pin 7(mic gnd) to outside shield of plug to computer

When I go into transmit (alt k) the buffer window comes up,then if I
hit alt k again the transmit window comes up and keys the rig for a brief
moment. I do not hear a carrier though when it keys up.Also as all of
this is happening, I lose my rtty window.I am getting quite frustrated
with this as I have been trying to get this going for nearly a week.I
bought WL mainly for rtty. Last night I replaced the sound card that
was in the computer with another one.I dumped the whole computer
and loaded win 98 since I was using win 95 before, hoping this would
help possibly.Still the same problem. Any input from anyone would be
grateful.

Thanks-Bob-WT9Q