[WriteLog] rtty tx

Gil Baron gbaron@home.com
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:52:40 -0500

--=====================_63984164==_.ALT

I am using WriteLog for RTTY and also use the MMTTY Plugin, although
RTTYWrite is not too bad.
I still would get the MMTTY plug in. Nevertheless  it should work fine
without it..

The first thing though is I would not connect directly to the mike. Get or
build an isolating interface lie RigBlaster or others. You do not want to
overdrive.

I do use the Line out from the sound card.

Be SURE that when you go in to transmit that your sound card is putting out
a signal. Unmute  the speaker so that you can hear it in the speaker to test.
Here is my setup.

In RTTYWrite TU Type Sound Board AFSK
Mode 45 Baud Baudot
Sound Card
    Wave Balance and Volume Control UP and NOT muted
     Line in UP and Muted
Of course set up the correct RIG Ports for your RIG control.

At 09:23 10/11/2001, RSAUVAN wrote:
>I have been unsuccessful in getting my Kam to work at all
>on rtty with WL.So, I have gone to the sound card to try
>and get it working. I am able to receive data on the stereo afsk
>setting. I have wired a cable for the 850 kenwood as follows.
>Mic jack on rig-pin 1 (mic) to center pin on plug to sound card.
>                         pin 7(mic gnd) to outside shield of plug to computer
>
>When I go into transmit (alt k) the buffer window comes up,then if I
>hit alt k again the transmit window comes up and keys the rig for a brief
>moment. I do not hear a carrier though when it keys up.Also as all of
>this is happening, I lose my rtty window.I am getting quite frustrated
>with this as I have been trying to get this going for nearly a week.I
>bought WL mainly for rtty. Last night I replaced the sound card that
>was in the computer with another one.I dumped the whole computer
>and loaded win 98 since I was using win 95 before, hoping this would
>help possibly.Still the same problem. Any input from anyone would be
>grateful.
>
>Thanks-Bob-WT9Q

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_63984164==_.ALT

I am using WriteLog for RTTY and also use the MMTTY Plugin, although
RTTYWrite is not too bad.<br>
I still would get the MMTTY plug in. Nevertheless&nbsp; it should work
fine without it..<br><br>
The first thing though is I would not connect directly to the mike. Get
or build an isolating interface lie RigBlaster or others. You do not want
to overdrive.<br><br>
I do use the Line out from the sound card.<br><br>
Be SURE that when you go in to transmit that your sound card is putting
out a signal. Unmute&nbsp; the speaker  so that you can hear it in the
speaker to test. <br>
Here is my setup.<br><br>
In RTTYWrite TU Type Sound Board AFSK<br>
Mode 45 Baud Baudot<br>
Sound Card<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; Wave Balance and Volume Control UP and NOT muted<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Line in UP and Muted<br>
Of course set up the correct RIG Ports for your RIG control.<br><br>
At 09:23 10/11/2001, RSAUVAN wrote:<br>
my Kam to work at all<br>
on rtty with WL.So, I have gone to the sound card to try<br>
and get it working. I am able to receive data on the stereo afsk<br>
setting. I have wired a cable for the 850 kenwood as follows.<br>
Mic jack on rig-pin 1 (mic) to center pin on plug to sound card.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
pin 7(mic gnd) to outside shield of plug to computer<br><br>
When I go into transmit (alt k) the buffer window comes up,then if
I<br>
hit alt k again the transmit window comes up and keys the rig for a
brief<br>
moment. I do not hear a carrier though when it keys up.Also as all
of<br>
this is happening, I lose my rtty window.I am getting quite
frustrated<br>
with this as I have been trying to get this going for nearly a
week.I<br>
bought WL mainly for rtty. Last night I replaced the sound card
that<br>
was in the computer with another one.I dumped the whole computer<br>
and loaded win 98 since I was using win 95 before, hoping this
would<br>
help possibly.Still the same problem. Any input from anyone would
be<br>
grateful.<br><br>
Thanks-Bob-WT9Q<br><br>