[WriteLog] We have RTTY!

RSAUVAN cabmas@bankpds.com
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:27:05 -0500

First of all, I want to thank all of you that emailed me so many suggestions
and help in trying to resolve my rtty problem with the Kam.As I read and
reread the numerous emails to try and figure out my problem, it was
consistently showing that I had done everything right to get this Kam to
work. All of this started with my station being hit by lightning in August
and my deciding to upgrade a few thing as a result. WLog being one so I
could contest on RTTY. I had 2 Kams, one of which was ruined by lightning,
and my backup. I decided not to buy a new tnc so the backup was put in
service to set up my WLog program.After no success getting it to receive or
tx on rtty, I read and reread the emails I received from all of you.
Finally, I caught one item, a couple of you referred the Kam to a Kam+. That
threw up a flag to me for this reason. I remembered a couple of years ago, I
got ahold of KA Gold software to operate with the Kam.It would not work, I
called Kantronics and they said I would have to upgrade the tnc to a higher
version firmware in order for the kam I had to work with KA Gold.This Kam is
version 3.xx. So, I bought another Kam with version 6.1 at the time and all
was good. Then I thought, maybe this was why WLog didnt work with the vesion
3.xx Kam also.My Version 6.1 Kam was the one ruined by lightning, but I
still had it on the shelf.I took a shot in the dark and opened it up to find
the enhacement board that makes it a version 6.1. I swapped it into the
existing good Kam last night keeping my fingers crossed that it wasnt
affected by the lightning strike.Can you beleive it? It signed on and I
immediately went to WLog to see if it would work on RTTY. Yesseree WE HAVE
RTTY.
Thats my story and Im gonna stick with it. Anyone up for a qso?

                        Thanks again-Bob-WT9Q