[WriteLog] SB Interfaces Again...

Eric Rosenberg wd3q@erols.com
Mon, 03 Sep 2001 02:03:11 -0400

I'm once again struggling with the issue of soundcard interfaces.

My problem is that the interface units (Tigertronics, RigBlaster, and
the one by the Digipan guys) are described differently enough that I'm
not sure a) I need one or b) there is one that'll do what I want
without much post-installation interference from me!

I'll feed the microphone directly to the soundcard (and from there to
the rig) and hard-key the radio via a separate PTT switch (I hate using
vox).  WL will cut off the mike and presumably hard-key the radio using
the LPT interface I use for CW when I playback pre-recorded messages.

My issue is the levels for the Soundcard output to the radio... how do
I/can I get the 'live mike', pre-recorded audio and RTTY/PSK (when I
use that mode) levels all the same so that the *most* I'd have to
change is the drive level on my radio's front panel?  I want a
set-and-forget box!

I've looked at the various interfaces and am thoroughly confused.

Thanks,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC