[WriteLog] starting place

Dinsterdog@aol.com Dinsterdog@aol.com
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 13:45:42 EDT

Hello all,

I am finding writelog to be a lot of fun for SSB contesting but not so much
fun for CW as I still can not figure out what I need to do to get the
computer to send CW to the rig.  I am using a Compaq Presario 1200 with
Windows 2000.  The computer has no traditional comport plugs but instead, has
2 USB plugs, a monitor plug, and a LPT port for a printer and a port for an
external monitor.  Can someone please tell me what hardware I need to get the
computer talking to the rig's keyer using the USB port, (as I understand the
LPT will not key the rig using Windows 2000, a method of hooking up the keyer
to the computer, and a 1-4 step of sorts to get the computer to key the rig)-
 I am using a IC756Pro-  So much for modernizing the shack with the latest
and greatest laptop and software-

Any suggestions appreciated- I don't want to have to recreate the wheel here-
Anyone who has this figured out with a similar set up would be a big help to
me...if possible, please email me a ph# and time I can reach you-   my dime-

73

Paul  N0AH/7