[WriteLog] ARRL 10m Test Time question...

Kevin Brown - KC0CZI kc0czi@midmoskywarn.net
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 21:25:37 -0600

Well...  Very good.  I understand 48 hours (more than I had requested
from wife!) I'll have to politic the activity - it gets harder to
schedule a contest around holidays!

Part of what had me cross-eyed was my own impression that it was a 24hr
test - and that I've never operated this test before.  I still think
something looks funny about that though.  Will be ready to go however.
Hope to work some of you.

73
Kevin, KC0CZI

-----Original Message-----
From: Les, VA7LC [mailto:va7lc@shaw.ca]
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 9:14 PM
To: kc0czi@midmoskywarn.net; writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] ARRL 10m Test Time question...

Perhaps it would not be so ambiguous if you look at it as starting 0001
on the Saturday and ending 2359 on the Sunday, a full 48 hours. You
would then need to adjust to your time zone, here on the Pacific coast
the contest starts at 4pm on the Friday and ends 48 hours later at 4pm
on the Sunday. We always used 0001 and 2359 in the military (RN) to
avoid this kind of error.

73
Les, VA7LC