[WriteLog] RTTY decoder help.

Len Morris VE3FJB Len Morris VE3FJB" <lmorris@bmts.com
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 13:45:21 -0500

Hi Guys, first let me wish you the very best for the holiday season!

I can not seem to get any of the 3 sound card decoders working with =
WriteLog. I did have for a very long time RITTY running just fine. It =
quit once before, and I just reinstalled Writelog, set the ini file and =
away it went. Both times that it has quit, the RITTY window comes up, =
but there is no decoded information to the rttywrite window. If you hit =
one of the function keys it will send what ever is in the buffer and =
print one line of RX text, you can do this several times, and get many =
lines. Why it does that I can't seem to find..
.
This time I got the same no data to rttywrite window. So I blew away =
everything I can find related to WriteLog, installed a fresh full copy =
of WriteLog v10.36g. Now, not even the Writelog decoder will work! The =
screen comes up, but there is no action in it at all. I should point out =
that all my standalone sound card decoders work just fine RITTY, MMTTY, =
TrueRTTY, PSK, etc.=20

I assume there is some sort of "virtual comm port" that is used to get =
the data from the decoders to WriteLog and suspect it has some sort of =
buffer arrangement..
So guys I am really stumped! If someone has some suggestions, I would =
sure appreciate any help you could offer.. It is getting close to the =
RTTY RoundUP!

Many thanks
Len

Len Morris