[WriteLog] Enter key

Jerry Pixton jpixton@shentel.net
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 13:42:45 +0000

Jim,

I complained about this Enter key logic problem several months ago but have
since changed my mind.

To be fair to the Enter key problem - Think about the wpx, you WANT the
cursor to move to the serial field so you are ready to capture a serial
number quickly. So what we have are competing requirements and no win-win
situation. If you are running then the Enter key logic seems neat. But when
you are s&p you can't use it and in fact it keeps you from logging the qso
without using the shift key. So if one radio is running and one is s&p what
do you do????? Or if some moments you cq and others you tune or go get a
spot, what do you do????

I have decided I don't care about the fancy enter key logic. I have left
the enter key to simply log the qso. The plus key still works nicely for
the qrz and log. Using MacroExpress I have another key set up to send my
s&p exchange and log. So I get the best of all worlds and have control of
what I am doing on any radio.

Jerry, W6IHG
Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton@shentel.net