[WriteLog] Kudos

Jim Brannigan jbrannig@optonline.net
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 10:42:53 -0500

This weekend I used W/L for the ARRL CW DX contest.
The computer is a DELL 4100 running WINMe.
A TT OMNI-VI+ on COM1 and keying on COM2. My LAN was connected to TELNET to
send spots.
I searched and pounced, ran frequencies and had a lot of fun.
W/L performed flawlessly.......no lock-ups, strange messages, file save
problems, weird keying, slow response, lost QSO's, etc., etc., etc.

The only problem was station related.
I thought I solved my RFI problems, but on 80 and 40 the KW caused the
dashes to be shorter and on a few freqs. on 80M, the keying speed dropped.
I have more RFI proofing to do.

Great product,
73, Jim

One other item.  I set F10 as the <his call> 599 NY key for running a
frequency.  When my fat finger hit F11 it wiped the call out!!!!! (apologies
to those who had to send their calls a few times)
Next contest F10 will not be used for that function.