[WriteLog] Date/Time Adjust

WA9ALS - John wa9als@starband.net
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 00:18:30 -0500

> live in Grenwich, England.  Does anybody know how to tell this thing to
quit
> thinking for me and just take the computer clock for what it is, or am I
> going to have to go through the installation process from scratch again?
>
> Bruce, ZF2NT

If you have your computer time set for UTC, you then need to go into the
computer's time setup and tell it you live in Casablanca (so you won't have
to worry about daylight
savings there).  Then Writelog will not change the computer time.

If you have your computer time setup right, WL will work correctly.

EG, I have mine set for local time, and indicated Indiana East time zone -
WL adds 5 hrs.
EG, if you set computer for UTC and tell it Casablanca, it won't add
anything.
EG, if you set computer for UTC and tell it Indiana East, it will add 5 hrs
and be WRONG.

It's really very smart - If you're setup right, it works no matter whether
you use local or UTC.

Hope this helps.  73 and HNY!