[WriteLog] Serial Ports AGAIN!

Don Winn af4z@palmnet.net
Thu, 03 Jan 2002 20:56:37 -0500

Jim,

You may be having  a problem with the UART on the serial card working with
5 bit Baudot codes.  I believe the ST-8000  uses the Dumb Terminal
selection in Writelog.  Many of the newer PCI and some ISA cards do not
support 5 bits.

To verify it, set the ST-8000 up on com1 or 2 and rig on com 3.  It should
work that way.  Most computer comports still support 5 bits.

I have been working with another Ham trying to get the PCI-400 Byterunner
board to work in Dumb Terminal mode but no success.  The UART does support
5 bits but the board does not .

73's
Don  AF4Z