[WriteLog] AFSK and the Icom IC-761

WA9ALS - John wa9als@starband.net
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 08:00:20 -0500

Billy, you should be duping your questions to the Icom list too.  I'm
not familiar with the 761 - using the PROII and have also used the 706
and FT-1000MPs, in both FSK and AFSK.

It sounds like you have at least 1 problem (rig not transmitting the
tones coming to it.  I'm not clear, but it sounds like the rig is not
keying either.

You need to input the audio into either the AFSK input on the ACC jack
(recommended) or to the mic input.  Then you need to key the rig, either
1) via a keying interface into the rig's PTT pin, or 2) via CAT control.
Since you're obviously already using CAT control (reading freq etc),
that would be the easiest/fastest for today - just tell WriteLog to use
PTT on the rig's COM port.

I would forget about using VOX, although it might work, depending on
what audio input you use.

Later (after the Roundup) when you have AFSK working, you might consider
using FSK - less to worry about getting set correctly etc.

Help any?  73